Thursday, December 24, 2009

IN A MANGER

While in Israel, we were fortunate to see so many things too marvelous for words. Above is a picture of a manger thousands of years old. It is very possible that a cold hard carved stone manger was where the King of Israel was placed and not a cute wooden crib that we place under our Christmas tree. It was overwhelming to be shown how humbly our blessed Savior came to earth. His family was all alone when He came. It put "Christmas" in a whole different perspective. I wonder what God thinks when I sometimes complain about being uncomfortable?

Alone at birth, alone at death. Above is a picture of a deep dark stone dungeon where Jesus spent His last night before the cross. Abandoned by all, I am sure He communed alone with His Father and spent the dark lonely night in prayer for me. How can I ever find adequate praise and thanksgiving for such a loving God?
Below is a picture of a most treasured gift. I daily thank my Father for this beautiful family and I am awed at His faithfulness and grace to each one of us daily.
God bless you all from our family to yours as we all rejoice and celebrate how much the Father loves us.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 comments:

Jeni said...

LOVE THE PICTURE OF THE MANGER. GREAT POST. LOVE YOU GUYS. MERRY CHRISTMAS.